Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hope to be Best Friends - using Carta Bella Hello Again!

Hello again! funny that because it's the name of the paper range I have been working with... the beautiful Carta Bella Hello Again range by Kaitlin Sheaffer. The colours are just beautiful and perfect for this photo of my little girl and her new cousin, Katie.
 
I have layered up heaps of papers, stickers and cottons and then wrapped the photo in some Maya Road twine.
 
For the background I used a Faber-Castell Gelato in soft pink and rubbed it onto a piece of baking paper and then wet it down and pressed it onto the white cardstock to get the water coloured effect. To add a mixed media feel I gently swiped the edges of the papers etc with gesso, and lightly drew some heart shapes onto the white background.
 
"Best Friends"
 

 
 
All these beautiful papers are available at the Paper Stories store.
 
Until next time....
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This layout is just gorgeous and that would have to be the sweetest photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable ! I love it. The rim of the photo is so beautifully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous as always haha a precious photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita,
    Thanks for your visit to my blog :):) Yep, I am loving your stuff, it's so much fun! Thankyou so much for the inspiration and this layout is super duper cute too......have a great day xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your latest layouts! Love how you've added a touch of gesso...

    ReplyDelete

thanks sooo much for stopping by n leaving ur lovely comments! xxo